When is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yougotit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a family emergency that have kept me busy enough not to submit my application. I am now done with my personal statement and I have one letter in so far.
I understand that every program has its own deadline. When is it usually too late to apply? am I safe as long as I apply before the deadline?
Will it be too late to submit on Monday?
Any benefits for applying early versus late?

Members don't see this ad.

Get it in as soon as you can (today). Get the letter in and get the other two in ASAP. You can apply with an incomplete app and some programs will send out invites with incomplete apps. I applied around the 15th of September 2009... I got 14 invites and I'm currently a PGY-2. But do it TODAY.

Get it in as soon as you can (today). Get the letter in and get the other two in ASAP. You can apply with an incomplete app and some programs will send out invites with incomplete apps. I applied around the 15th of September 2009... I got 14 invites and I'm currently a PGY-2. But do it TODAY.

Thanks so much. Took your advice literally and submitted at like 9pm. Got my first interview Friday afternoon. Couldn't be any happier!