when is it too late to submit ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rwllee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to peds residency with average scores but am still working on my personal statement. Is submitting ERAS in a week or in two weeks not a good idea or is it okay?? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

1) I can tell now you're putting too much effort into your PS. Shoot for one page, no nonsense style: This is who I am, this is why I'm interested in peds, here's why I'm good, here's what I want in a residency program. Check out the examples on Medfools.

2) If you're a US Grad with average USMLE, you're competitive for peds. No reason to delay.

If you need to delay a week or two, you should be fine. Most programs have deadlines in November. Plus, some programs have not even started downloading apps.

We've been told by our advisers that a reasonable target is to submit by Sep 15, and that if it makes us feel any better, that some schools don't even release transcripts until October. But still, I was someone who was similarly caught up with the PS, and I'll tell u that once u convince yourself that it won't make or break your interview prospects, that the person reading it reads hundreds of these and they will all just meld together-- then just submit it because it will feel sooooooooooo good when u don't have that stress anymore.