When is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Maverick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New to the forum and would really appreciate some help. I'm first generation college, first doctor in the family, and from a small private undergrad...so I'm kind of clueless to the process and am learning as I go.

I took the Mcat in May but did much worse than all my practice tests so I retook the exam in July and got my new score last night...much better! Improved from a 25 to a 31. After the 25, I applied to some DO schools and am now getting secondaries...but I want to apply to some MD schools now with the better score. My AMCAS is ready to be sent...I just need to add schools but I'm wondering if there are some I should avoid because I'm kind of late in the process?

My stats are V-13, P-9, B-9, W-S with a 3.99 GPA, lots of EC's and really good LORs. I'm in state for Ohio but am marrying an Indiana resident (and my undergrad is in Indiana) so Indiana University is actually my top choice. Any thoughts on school choices, especially midwestern states? I don't want to apply and waste my time if I'm really just too late...

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

No thoughts, but congrats on the 13V!

Thank you...anyone have any insight? Good places for me to apply?