When is the AMCAS app available to be started this year and when is the first day we can submit it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm having trouble finding this info online.

I just wanna know when the app itself is available to be worked on, and what the first day we can submit it is

Members don't see this ad.

What is the difference between submission and transmission?/Why is there a 30-day gap?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to add, June 30 is first day of transmission

Is the benefit of submitting it June 1 versus June 29 that the June 1 person will be verified before the 30th and the school will get it that day and the June 29 person will probably not be transmitted for another week or so (or whenever they are verified)? But as long as you submit sometime before June 30th its relatively early correct?

Is the benefit of submitting it June 1 versus June 29 that the June 1 person will be verified before the 30th and the school will get it that day and the June 29 person will probably not be transmitted for another week or so (or whenever they are verified)? But as long as you submit sometime before June 30th its relatively early correct?
Pretty much

long story short, you can take your time and submit as late as mid-June and suffer zero consequence for it (that is, still be transmitted immediately at the start of July).

Even submitting in early or mid July will have no real consequence for most places, which don't start reading apps until August.

I would say very generally, getting your AMCAS in by July 15th, means getting transmitted by about August 15th, and being fully complete by mid to late September which is about "on time" (while "early" would be by Labor Day). Just how much difference in application chances there is between early and on time is speculation, but I would say the odds from application numbers, finite interview slots, and rolling admissions start to impact after that "on time" date.
I know a few years back it used to take a 5-6 weeks or more to verify during busy periods, but isn't it down to like 2-3 weeks at the most now?

And if letters are already in order, MCAT is in, and secondaries are pre-written, it should only take like 1-2 weeks to go from transmitted -> receive and return secondary -> complete? It was speedy for me at least for the few places I had secondaries ready to go

I might be taking a stat class that ends in June but you get the grade July 3rd. This would be from the same school I did my undergrad so it's just the one transcript I would be getting, and based on previous experience you request it online and they mail it in about a week.

I was planning on waiting to late June to finish up some EC stuff, so you think it's worth it to wait for this grade to be calculated in the AMCAS gpa or should I not wait another week and update it with a secondary?

Normally I would wait but my sGPA is 10%ile with the large upward trend due to bad first 2 years so everything helps. MCAT is 94%ile and this class would make my sGPA go up by .03. I wish I could wait but mcat expires after this cycle

Thanks