When is the earliest schools will recieve applications

murph

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2002
28
0
Yakima, Wa
Visit site
Status
Hey


If we can't start applying until june, when is the earliest that the school will get our info. does it matter if we have summer classes and dat score after we send in our initial application.

murph
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
44
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
hey Murph,

it doesn't matter because once you take your DAT, you can either fax it to schools the same day or wait for them 2 days to get it. the DAT scores will get there in no time, but the initial AADSAS app is the main thing. with each app cycle becoming more and more competitive, i think that it is imperative that you send you AADSAS ASAP. i sent mine last year on June 1st and my AADSAS number ended up being 111.

i heard that some poeple even sent theirs on May 20th.


good luck to you.
 

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
1,260
3
42
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
I will be reapplying and will send my application when the cycle starts, between May 17-20 at the latest. Took my DAT already - and hoping to have an AADSAS #1 :D.

Perfect:

When you sent your application last year at June 1st, and I am assuming last years cycle started May 20th... so, in those 10 days - 100 people applied?, and you was in the 1st mailing cycle? how many applications go out in each mailing?

Thanks
 
About the Ads

HBomb

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2004
383
0
CA
Visit site
Status
Last year I submitted my app in early August. I was about the 3000th applicant. It took AADSAS a little bit over a month before sending out my application...actually I remember the date very well...9/11. I thought it was an omen at the time, and it made me very nervous...but it all worked out :) I don't know how long it will take in May and June this year, but last August it took over a month. And yes, I do believe that I sent my application out late. So it's always a good idea to get it in as soon as possible.
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
44
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Originally posted by Mo007
:D.

Perfect:

When you sent your application last year at June 1st, and I am assuming last years cycle started May 20th... so, in those 10 days - 100 people applied?, and you was in the 1st mailing cycle? how many applications go out in each mailing?

Thanks

Moo,
yes i think that means that 110 people had applied before me and yes i was in the 1st mailing cycle. if i am not mistaken, i think that there are about 8000 applicants each yr. there were 8700 in 2002 i believe.

btw, one of the people here on sdn sent his/her app some where around May 21 or 22nd and his/her AADSAS was in the 1-5 range.


also, just curious, how did you do on your DAT? good luck to you in the coming cycle.
 

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
1,260
3
42
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
Perefect:

DAT is 18/18/17 with GPA 3.45/3.4 - my least years GPa was 3.94 - and will only be applying to 5 schools: Case, OSU, Nova, Tufts and UNC. I have over 30+ hours of shadowing - and like I said, applying May 17-20 this cycle, thats about 6 more weeks from now.

They say applying early helps more than anything - I want to see that for myself this year :D. Any inputs on my chances at those schools I mentioned above?

Thanks
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
44
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
well, most would tell you that your stats are fine.


what worries me is the fact the you are applying to 5 schools.
i really don't know if its enough or not, but i would be worried if i were you.


good luck to you man.
 

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
1,260
3
42
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
Perfect:

I might add: BU, NYU, Pitts, Temple and UMich as the next 5 schools for security. But that's it :D . More than 10 schools might only make me spend more $$$.

We'll see.
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
44
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Moo,

honestly, i dodn't think anyone can tell anyone with certainty about their chances. with that said, i really do think that you will be fine with that combination of GPA/DAT. of course, other aspects of your application is important too. just make sure your statement letter and LORs are good and you'll be fine.


btw, there are some schools that mention "out of staters encouraged". ie, IUSD. wink wink:D
 

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
1,030
3
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Originally posted by PERFECT3435
hey Murph,

it doesn't matter because once you take your DAT, you can either fax it to schools the same day or wait for them 2 days to get it. the DAT scores will get there in no time, but the initial AADSAS app is the main thing. with each app cycle becoming more and more competitive, i think that it is imperative that you send you AADSAS ASAP. i sent mine last year on June 1st and my AADSAS number ended up being 111.

i heard that some poeple even sent theirs on May 20th.


good luck to you.
I remembered from last year that although you can open an online application on May 17, you will not be able to submit the application until July 15 (or something), and it will take about a month for AADSAS to process and send it out, so I believe the earliest will be around mid-August. I don't know if you can submit the application earlier if you use the hard copy application.
 

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
1,416
0
44
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Originally posted by The Musketeer
I remembered from last year that although you can open an online application on May 17, you will not be able to submit the application until July 15 (or something),


no dude. now you are waaaaaaaaaaay waaaaaay off.



the app will be avail on may 15 and they tell you that you can not submit it until june 1st. However, i have had friends that submitted theirs on May 20th or 21st.


i sent in mine on June 1st at 8:00:37 AM:laugh:

i was really really pissed off about thinking that i had to wait till june 1st. i had my app ready on paper months b4 the app was avail online and i thought i was going to be #1. oh well.....
 

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
1,030
3
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Originally posted by PERFECT3435
no dude. now you are waaaaaaaaaaay waaaaaay off.



the app will be avail on may 15 and they tell you that you can not submit it until june 1st. However, i have had friends that submitted theirs on May 20th or 21st.

My apologies for the misinformation.
 
About the Ads