CruiseLover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there any source that tells us when a medical school is full? Most schools have interviewed quite a few applicants by now. I finally have an interview scheduled in February, but concerned the class will be full by then. And one of my state schools has not even reviewed my application yet (even though my MCAT and GPA was better than their average). Any thoughts?

kaffy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I am interested in the same thing. Any info would be great.

medicomel

Purveyor of short posts.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
a stone's throw away from reality
www.google.com
Status
Attending Physician
keep in mind that a lot of the seats now filled are by the same people. those folks holding multiple acceptances can't very well chop themselves up into little pieces and matriculate everywhere they're accepted. keep the faith! schools have an interview season. you're nowhere near out of the game yet. best of luck. :luck:

sanche60

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
While it is true that most rolling admissions fill alot of their class by february, they save a certain percentage of acceptances for the final applicant pool decisions which happen in march. This percentage varies from school to school, but its probably around 20-30%(i was told this by the assistant dean of admissions at one of my interviews) of their acceptances go out from the final applicant pool. In other words, your still capable of being accepted with a february interview. Look on MDapplicants, their are a lot of people who interview that late and get flat out accepted without being waitlisted.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just don't think it is ever too late to give up. This guy I met at the coffee shop where I study was accepted to Colorado THE DAY BEFORE ORIENTATION. He packed his bags from the east coast and headed to the mountains.

It is too late, however, to have a martini lunch. You will now have to move on to a martini dinner. And not one of those cutesy flavored martinis. A real martini.

You may also have a gibson.

JayQuah

Connect Four Champion
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Kahl ee phone ya
Status
gdbaby said:
I just don't think it is ever too late to give up. This guy I met at the coffee shop where I study was accepted to Colorado THE DAY BEFORE ORIENTATION. He packed his bags from the east coast and headed to the mountains.

It is too late, however, to have a martini lunch. You will now have to move on to a martini dinner. And not one of those cutesy flavored martinis. A real martini.

You may also have a gibson.
You're very strange, GD. I like that. I like it. :horns:

deacondan16

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
Status
This is what really sucks about applying to medical school. Your bust your butt to get all of this stuff finished by June, July, and August and then you never hear anything for months. There is nothing wrong with that, you just have to hold on and wait it out. I had a late March interview (didn't work out for me) but I interviewed again for this round in September and saw a girl who had been accepted and interviewed with me in March. So just hold tight, it can happen.

DrKitty

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I know it is hard some days, but guys, have faith! My co-worker (MD) got into medical school 2 DAYS INTO CLASSES off the waitlist. IT is never a time to give up!