When is the last test date to be able to apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radramp91823

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide if I should apply this cycle or wait another year. I got a 22 on the mcat after taking it for the fist time and I don't feel comfortable applying with that low of a score. When is the last mcat 2015 date to be able to apply this cycle and not be late?

Members don't see this ad.

You should probably wait another year. You want to make sure you perform your very best the 2nd time you take your MCAT. But I'd say June is usually the latest to take the MCAT and still be early, assuming you have everything else ready to go.

You should probably wait another year. You want to make sure you perform your very best the 2nd time you take your MCAT. But I'd say June is usually the latest to take the MCAT and still be early, assuming you have everything else ready to go.
I think you're right. Next time I take it has to be the last time I take it. Rushing to fit it in this cycle just stresses me out thinking about it!
Does it "look bad" if I don't apply this cycle though even though I've been planning on it?... I hope my mentors don't look at me like a failure :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think you're right. Next time I take it has to be the last time I take it. Rushing to fit it in this cycle just stresses me out thinking about it!
Does it "look bad" if I don't apply this cycle though even though I've been planning on it?... I hope my mentors don't look at me like a failure :(

It never looks bad to defer applying when you are not ready. It never hurts to take an extra year to accomplish everything. You should take this summer and really study for the MCAT and take it in August/September and then apply next June. You may start studying right now by doing verbal passages.