When is the latest I can retake the MCAT and still be early enough for MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted981412

Given that I submit in the first week of June with the first MCAT score. Is June 28 okay? Low GPA, very good LOR + ECs, decent first MCAT attempt (512), been scoring in the 520 range on retakes, but due to a family crisis had to cancel my 5/23 test date. It BLOWS but there was nothing I can do about it. The next opening is June 28. Is that too late to not even be worth it? I've given my body and soul to this test, and really want to take it but if it doesn't end up mattering not gonna spend that $400

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know the answer to this as well; except I'm in the opposite boat (>3.8GPA low first MCAT 506) and all June 28 slots were filled up, so I signed up for the July 10th test date

This is pretty much what happened to me. I think it can work. July 10 MCAT -> Get score August 10ish -> submit AMCAS immediately and get verified in about 20 days (if you submit in August the verification time is relatively shorter) -> verified early September, which is considered "on-time."

Here's some data from reddit of the 2017-2018 cycle.