When is the latest you can take DAT to be in the first batch application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just hoping to study DAT more intense once the school finals/papers are over, which would be mid-May. So, I was planning on taking DAT late-May, but if I have more time to study for it and take it in early or mid-June, I would definitely prefer that.

Does anyone know when would be the latest a person can take DAT and still be in for the first batch application?

Any inputs are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am just hoping to study DAT more intense once the school finals/papers are over, which would be mid-May. So, I was planning on taking DAT late-May, but if I have more time to study for it and take it in early or mid-June, I would definitely prefer that.

Does anyone know when would be the latest a person can take DAT and still be in for the first batch application?

Any inputs are appreciated!

You would probably need to take it the first week of June to be in the first batch.

However, if you think the extra weeks will help you (and I agree that they will), it is NOT worth it to cut your studying short just to be in the first batch. It really doesn't matter one tiny bit if you are in batch 1, 2, 3... So long as you have everything in by the end of July, you are 100% early and in a great position. Lots of schools don't even start sending out interviews until August, so really, don't sweat it. A higher DAT score will always prevail in this case.

Being early is important. Being in specifically the first batch is not.

Also, once you take your DAT, lots of schools will let you scan them a copy of your unofficial score report. At that point, they'll start reviewing your application. Lots of people have done this on SDN, and the very day their scores were approved by AADSAS, they were invited to interviews. Like I said, taking your DAT a few weeks later is the much smarter decision, especially if you aren't going to really be studying until early/mid May. You want 2 months.

Probably around early-to-mid May. It does take several weeks for the scores to process and be updated on AADSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is totally anecdotal, but I ended up unexpectedly juggling some major live events the week before I was supposed to take my DAT (job offers, interviews, etc.), to the point that I did not feel comfortable with my orgo. I paid the $100 bucks to get an extra week and I got a 28 on that section; had a 22AA and 21TS, so I should've hit the other sections harder, but oh well. I took it on July 13th, and had an interview invite by September.

Supposedly schools do not start reviewing applications until late July, or early August.

Took mine the last week of May and made the first batch. Cut it close though. But I only took it then because I kept pushing it off all year and I had to force myself to take it. But if I truly thought I needed more time and wasn't just scared I would have done so. Having your app complete in July is still plenty early. A lot of the schools I applied to didn't start looking at apps until August anyway.

If I send my transcript, personal statement, and Letters of recommendation in early June and take the DAT in the end of June, would that make my application be sent in early or mid July??
Will it be regarded as early?

If I send my transcript, personal statement, and Letters of recommendation in early June and take the DAT in the end of June, would that make my application be sent in early or mid July??
Will it be regarded as early?

Mid July is when your application will be complete.
Yes you will still be early.