When is the NDBE 1 taken?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxell123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the NDBE I taken after the second year?

If this is true, and a particular Dental School has classes during the summer. Wouldn't this be a burden to students and may hinder and take away time from studying the boards?

Members don't see this ad.

It is true that for the vast majority of students NBDE 1 is taken in July after their second year. In some schools they are experimenting with taking the exam at different times. I think some are right after first year and some are in the middle of second year.

In my school we not only have classes in the summer but we're just starting in the clinic so study time will be hard to come by. Fair or not it is just something that has to be dealt with.

Originally posted by maxell123
Is the NDBE I taken after the second year?

If this is true, and a particular Dental School has classes during the summer. Wouldn't this be a burden to students and may hinder and take away time from studying the boards?

Perhaps, however the NBDE I is now available on computer ANY day of the year (just like the DAT is), so students can literally pick and choose their test dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ItsGavinC
Perhaps, however the NBDE I is now available on computer ANY day of the year (just like the DAT is), so students can literally pick and choose their test dates.

So if the NBDE paper exam is offered in June or July, I can sign up to take the NBDE 1 in August (computer version of course)?

hi i m an intern in india i wanna give EE plz guide what to study
thanks......