When is the PANCE exam offered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riverjib

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fiance is graduating PA school in May 2011. We're trying to plan our wedding after he takes the PANCE, but we can't find the PANCE exam dates anywhere! We actually just spend the last half hour googling it and searching through different PA forums. Does anybody know when the test is commonly offered?

Members don't see this ad.

My fiance is graduating PA school in May 2011. We're trying to plan our wedding after he takes the PANCE, but we can't find the PANCE exam dates anywhere! We actually just spend the last half hour googling it and searching through different PA forums. Does anybody know when the test is commonly offered?

You must submit an application and $475 payment in advance to take PANCE. You may schedule your exam anytime (depending on testing center availability) within the 180 day timeframe established for you based on your expected graduation date and the successful submission of all required materials to NCCPA.
When registering for PANCE, please consider the following requirements:

* NCCPA does not accept applications until 90 days prior to your expected program completion date (as provided by your program director). (As used here, "program completion date" is the date all requirements for graduation are completed as deemed by your program.)
* The earliest date you'll be able to test is seven days after your program completion (provided your program director has confirmed your program completion date.) This date will be reflected in your exam application acknowledgement e-mail.
* You have 180 days from the beginning of your exam timeframe to take the exam. These dates will be reflected in your exam application acknowledgement e-mail.
* You may only take PANCE once in any 90-day period or three times in a calendar year.
* There will be no testing between Dec. 22-31, 2010.

Basically the earliest is around 10 days after program completion (which is different from graduation). The caveat is that there may not be an open slot, but in my experience if you are willing to drive a little you can find an open slot.

David Carpenter, PA-C