When is the right time to take the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confused4519

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I was wondering when is the right time to take the PCAT?
I am going to be a third year undergrad student in the fall
Is taking is over the summer to late?

Members don't see this ad.

hah yeh the only summer one was today or saturday to be exactly. Next one is at August, then at October.

Conceptually, the best time is:

1. Nearest as possible or during the admissions cycle when you apply.
2. Right after you've completed the necessary PCAT "prerequisites" as soon as possible.
3. When you have sufficient time to study and review for the test given points 1 and 2.

Ideally, the June and August dates are most ideal since you don't have to balance PCAT studying with school and/or work like you would with the January and October dates. You would need to take the June test or earlier preceding an early acceptance deadline should you choose that route. Either way, the summer dates allows the most flexibility in review and studying. Plenty of people take and get accepted with the October PCAT during the admissions cycle when they apply (example: me:D) but you can get in front of the line by taking an earlier administration. You just can't have a mega old score as your only score.

so if i take the pcat in june, i can still apply to pharmacy colleges even though im going to be a third yr undergrad student?
I would just apply in september?