when is your dental school reopening?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cookiesandhotdog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious when dental schools are reopening!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
UCLA July
Colorado today
Georgia Today
UoP June
UCSF July

edit: just pre-clinical lab!

Last edited:
I feel like I'm a incoming D1 again nervous to start dental school hahaha!

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
UMN on June 8th will begin in-person pre-clinic and clinics, while didactics/lectures continue online.

Reactions: 1 user
Penn June 8
Pitt June 8

*edited meant to say June rather than July! whoops

Last edited:
Oklahoma started seeing patients May 1st.

what are their safety protocols? every other chair?
The set up/design of clinic might be different than how other schools chairs are arranged, so every other chair won't work. Usually they have 12 chairs per bay and 3 bays per clinic which equals 36 patients per each clinic area. Right now they allow 5 chairs per bay so it's 15 chairs per clinic instead of 36, so it's about 40% of usual.

3rd and 4th years are only seeing patients through May, so they can get all their requirements in. The DS2's will have to finish their DS2 clinic requirements during summer of their DS3 year.

Does anyone know when MUSC or Augusta will open up?

Augusta as in the Georgia dental school? They already did last week

downtown boston just got hit by protestors and looters; a lot of windows broken near tufts. plan is to ramp up from 10% to 25% and so on, but urban areas are pretty much screwed. Much more violence, looting, and corona cases than most other places. also don't think they have enough n95 masks to run at full capacity yet. many patients are gonna be scared to come in as well

emergency only for AEGD and post-docs rn, 6/15 D4s are back at 10%, might see 25% by july I think. there are many D4s who haven't graduated yet

• Wow
emergency only for AEGD and post-docs rn, 6/15 D4s are back at 10%, might see 25% by july I think. there are many D4s who haven't graduated yet
By D4s you mean class of 2020? How about class of 2021, when will those guys be back to clinic?

Last edited:
downtown boston just got hit by protestors and looters; a lot of windows broken near tufts. plan is to ramp up from 10% to 25% and so on, but urban areas are pretty much screwed. Much more violence, looting, and corona cases than most other places. also don't think they have enough n95 masks to run at full capacity yet. many patients are gonna be scared to come in as well

Terrible, protesting has all but guaranteed a second wave