When med students and dental students meet

Discussion in 'Dental' started by monster2, Aug 6, 2001.

1. monster2

monster2 Senior Member

Don't blame the messenger, I'm giving you a typical scenario in a bustling teaching hospital cafeteria. From a school who has both medical and dental programs it is only common to see dental and medical students in the vicinity. Some of the interns make some joke about the people below them... i.e. med students, etc. They say some complicated biomedical babble and jokingly say that medical students, especially the fresh ones, scratch their heads and look it up their bag of cards. But to a dental student, all they can say is D'uh.

Though I disapprove of the subtle ridicule, I cannot deny reality. Sure, we medical students can be the butt end of resident and intern mockery, but if this is how they envision dental education, what is there in dentistry that disproves this notion of hierarchy?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vixen

vixen I like members

Why the hostility? If you're happy that you are a med student, so be it...leave the rest of us alone. :D

4. RacerDude2249

RacerDude2249 Senior Member

This guy already has proven to everyone ALL LAST MONTH that he is a complete idiot. Rather than respond to his/her post, just let this thread die out. What the baby wants is to start World War III on this dental forum, so rather than let the baby have his toy, let's put the crying baby to sleep, shall we? Just let this post die out and the baby will go away. Thanks people!

As for the moderator, I HOPE you do something about this. This post is definitely NOT within the scope of the policy and guidelines set forth in the SDN User Agreement. Dr. Scherf, if you have been reading the posts in the "Lounge" section, that section just went through World War III and it was finally determined by Kimberli Cox, an excellent moderator, that posts similar to this one are not consistent with the guidelines set forth by SDN. Those posts that were not consistent with the SDN Agreement were immediately closed as this one should be. Dr. Scherf, you have shown to be an "easy" moderator in the past. I think it is time for you to kick some @ss and do something about these out-of-control posts. At the very least, this thread should be moved to the "Lounge" section, but I guarantee you if that happens, Kimberlie Cox will close it--the appropriate action that should be taken.

Racerdude