When people say they felt like the didn't know anything the day before their DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charles_Darwin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
They were totally right +pity+

I've gone through destroyer, most of math destroyer, dat genius, bootcamp, ferralis, chads, KBB, and my 1600-card anki deck all at least 5-7x each and have been studying for 2.5 months now. My practice scores are healthy, but it still feels like I'm going to walk into the exam the day after tomorrow not knowing a single thing on there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The morning of my exam I felt like I have learned nothing! I was attempting to go through notes in my head (equations, facts etc) and was drawing a blank. Spent 30 min that morning skimming through all of my notes for a quick refresher.

In the waiting room a few hours later I still felt like I have learned NOTHING. But when I sat down and started answering questions things kind of made sense.

Just dont doubt or second guess yourself when answering questions. Trust your gut even if you are starting to panic/think you are doing everything incorrectly. You have spent the last few months studying for this, and you know your stuff!!

I speak from personal experience, last month during my exam I felt like I was doing so poorly I was better off just walking out. Ended up getting a 23 AA much to my surprise. You never know with these things...

Have fun killing it tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
Just take it easy. Watch TV, go outside, do whatever relaxes you. I felt like I forgot everything myself before my test, but when you get in there, it will come to you. Goodluck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck. You're going to do great :)

I agree with everyone above! The day before the test I didn't study any materials until the evening. It was so nice to not study and take a break (until I had a little panic when reviewing haha). I went to bed early and told myself that I have prepared for this and I know the material. The day of the test, I got there about an hour and a half early, and took a walk near the testing area. Then I got my "Game On" attitude - aka I'm going to crush this test and I got this!- and went into the test. Once you are in the test, it will feel like another practice test. When I was done, I was surprised by my scores and all of the hard work paid off!
You will do great!!!! Go destroy the DAT!! Good luck! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Do yourself a favor and get off this site and relax. Good luck tomorrow.

Edit: Thought your exam was tomorrow. Please, take the day off and just take it easy. You earned it.

Reactions: 2 users
GOOD LUCK. Yeah we all feel like that. I know you'll kill it I see you on here a lot and you seem very serious :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I am going to relax tomorrow, just spend an hour or two doing PAT practice and reading over a few marked anki cards/roadmaps.

On a semi-related topic, does Good Will Hunting sound like a good pre-exam movie? I've never seen it before!

Me neither. Do whatever you want! For me I just had lunch with a friend and studied lightly lol

I called my then-girlfriend and told her I was just going to cancel the test the day before. She was pretty unhappy considering the amount of work I put in the whole summer!

I personally did a brief review of notes the day before and realized I had forgotten the Henderson-Hasselbach. Luckily I got that down the night before because I had multiple questions on my version of the test!

You have studied hard for it. All of that time of good, smart studying will pay off! Then you will be on the road to becoming a Dentist :)

If you've studied well you'll walk out thinking that it isn't that hard. It's a lot of material but not much depth. Definitely not like a final for the same class.

Reactions: 1 users