When SDN was down for the last hour or so, how many times did you try to log on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

b&ierstiefel

andy - 3 times
yaah - probably 18
beary - probably about 21
deschutes - 0
bananaface - probably once
geddy - 2
wheels - 1
havarti - 1
LADoc00 - probably around um...4218

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, jokes on you my friend I only tried once! I was playing john madden football (I just won the super bowl) and doing some work on my presentation. HAHAHA I am not that big a loser! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
andy - 3 times
yaah - probably 18
deschutes - 0
geddy - 2
wheels - 1
havarti - 1

Andy, you are about right!!! Looks like I log on more than anybody else but LADoc. :)

yaah said:
Haha, jokes on you my friend I only tried once! I was playing john madden football (I just won the super bowl) and doing some work on my presentation. HAHAHA I am not that big a loser! :cool:

umm *looks around suspiciously* I only tried once, too :D

deschutes said:
You overestimate me, my friend.
I said you tried logging on zero times. How can this be overestimating?

beary said:
Andy, you are about right!!! Looks like I log on more than anybody else but LADoc.
I know ;)

It is still very strange to me how often SDN goes down. They get us hooked on this virtual crack and then deprive us at random intervals. What if ever goes down sometime when I REALLY need it? What will I do then? I think we may be part of some gigantic experiment to see how many times we try to log on when we start to depend on it and it is taken away.

I think I need some SDN methadone.

AndyMilonakis said:
andy - 3 times
yaah - probably 18
deschutes - 0
geddy - 2
wheels - 1
havarti - 1
I think that's about right - my whole internet crapped out, so it limited my logins :) This is very helpful in passing the time before the big day. Of course, I should be getting the house ready to sell, studying for my quiz this week, feeding the baby... something else. I will feel so much better when it's Thursday (does this even need to be said?) - I don't even care where anymore. Stop the madness!

geddy said:
I think that's about right - my whole internet crapped out, so it limited my logins :) This is very helpful in passing the time before the big day. Of course, I should be getting the house ready to sell, studying for my quiz this week, feeding the baby... something else. I will feel so much better when it's Thursday (does this even need to be said?) - I don't even care where anymore. Stop the madness!
March Madness starts on Thursday!!!

Washington and Dook (unfortunately) will be the first two #1 seeded teams to bow out of the tournament (in that order). Illinois loses in the final 4. UNC goes all the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooh I hate that. Doesn't back space work to save it though? Usually if I go back to the previous page where I was typing it I find that it is still there. But then again that's another reason I like the Opera browser.

yaah said:
Ooh I hate that. Doesn't back space work to save it though? Usually if I go back to the previous page where I was typing it I find that it is still there. But then again that's another reason I like the Opera browser.
No, I was using IE, like a *****. Mozilla won't eat stuff but IE will.

I wouldn't have pegged you as an IE user. I finally got my parents to stop using it because they were always getting infested with popup ads.

yaah said:
I wouldn't have pegged you as an IE user. I finally got my parents to stop using it because they were always getting infested with popup ads.
Okay, let me explain. I have IE set up to bring up my SDN user CP. Mozilla is setup to bring up the lounge. I did this when I visited the Lounge more. I need to switch them. I have been contemplating installing Opera or another browser and setting the homepage to my school's forum. If I like that browser more, I'll set my preferred browser to the most used page.

I am a nerd like that. But, I've been lazy lately.

bananaface said:
I am a nerd like that. But, I've been lazy lately.

I need a good old lazy week again. This month is so busy - and there is so much path stuff I want to read about but I have to give myself breaks.

yaah said:
I need a good old lazy week again. This month is so busy - and there is so much path stuff I want to read about but I have to give myself breaks.
Amen...there will be a nice lazy week after this week.

For you, maybe. For me after the next two weeks blood bank starts and I will have to start doing homework problems on antibody identification and crap like that. Plus, step III. :mad:

I totally need a lazy week too. Maybe tonight I will spend some more time planning my vacation to Colorado Springs that I probably cannot afford. :)

yaah said:
For you, maybe. For me after the next two weeks blood bank starts and I will have to start doing homework problems on antibody identification and crap like that. Plus, step III. :mad:
yes, i was talking about me. :D

whatever, i'm gonna be in a world of hurt starting july.

yaah said:
For me after the next two weeks blood bank starts and I will have to start doing homework problems on antibody identification and crap like that.

Do you really get homework problems during residency? That sucks. I thought it was more of a self-directed learning.

I guess that's something to add to my list of what I am looking for in programs - no homework. :)

speaking of step 3 yaah, i got this little book regarding strategy on the CCS portion. it's only like 70 pages and i already made a copy for my roommate who is taking step 3 at the end of the year. i could make a copy for you too if you'd like.

beary said:
Do you really get homework problems during residency? That sucks. I thought it was more of a self-directed learning.

I guess that's something to add to my list of what I am looking for in programs - no homework. :)

Well, the bloodbank director is into these problems. We get unknown type cases and have to figure out which antibodies the patient has. Little C, Big K, etc. And there is always homework - have to prepare for presentations and all that.

andy said:
speaking of step 3 yaah, i got this little book regarding strategy on the CCS portion. it's only like 70 pages and i already made a copy for my roommate who is taking step 3 at the end of the year. i could make a copy for you too if you'd like.

That might be good, I might take you up on that. I need to start studying for that mofo soon.

yaah said:
That might be good, I might take you up on that. I need to start studying for that mofo soon.
Seriously, it would take maybe a few minutes out of my day; no big deal. When I copied that **** for my roommate, I was able to copy 2 pages at a time. And making copies in my lab is free.

Furthermore, it's an easy read. I thumbed through it while working in the lab this weekend. Good strategy and sample cases.

AndyMilonakis said:
Seriously, it would take maybe a few minutes out of my day; no big deal. When I copied that **** for my roommate, I was able to copy 2 pages at a time. And making copies in my lab is free.

Furthermore, it's an easy read. I thumbed through it while working in the lab this weekend. Good strategy and sample cases.

Cool. Sounds good. I can come pick it up some day on the way home or whatever at your place. No hurry though, I am not going to be needing it for a bit.

yaah said:
Cool. Sounds good. I can come pick it up some day on the way home or whatever at your place. No hurry though, I am not going to be needing it for a bit.
Also, as an FYI, Strong Medicine (by DeConstanzo) is apparently the book to get instead of Crush Step 3. I glanced at it when it came in the mail. Looks pretty solid. I already packed it in a box with all my other books though. I'll read through it after I move in June.

Well, I got crush step III from a senior resident for free, so I already have it. I'm not trying to get a great score here, all I want to do is pass with as minimal studying as possible. Unfortunately, I won't know how much that is until I actually take the test.

SDN crashed yet again for a few minutes. How many times did you try logging in this time?

This time I was here so it was more. I think 4. I had an unsubstantive lounge post to make but I wasn't about to let the server win so I had to hang around until it came back or 10pm, whichever came first. So I went on email for a bit.

yaah said:
This time I was here so it was more. I think 4. I had an unsubstantive lounge post to make but I wasn't about to let the server win so I had to hang around until it came back or 10pm, whichever came first. So I went on email for a bit.
yep...i did some emailing and chatting. apparently myself and the other mstp's in our graduating class are now wondering if we will attend Match Day.

AndyMilonakis said:
yep...i did some emailing and chatting. apparently myself and the other mstp's in our graduating class are now wondering if we will attend Match Day.

Yeah - don't go. You can wait another half hour to get your results. We had one girl at our match day who didn't show up - well a lot didn't show up, but they ask you to tell them if you aren't so they don't call your name and nothing happens. But she didn't. It was kinda funny.

And my dad isn't going to be there anyway - so you wouldn't see him. He is going to my brother in law's match day in NY. That is going to be a big one because they already bought a condo near boston so he better match there!

I got a lot of work done this weekend and almost all of my experiments worked delightfully. It was a great way to keep my mind off of Match matters...of course, until I would log onto SDN. :laugh: Had fun on both Friday and Saturday nights. So all in all, it was a good weekend here.

I got some work done. My presentation isn't finished yet but partially because I have to go to the library and get an old journal article (written by Malcolm Dockerty!)

yaah said:
I got some work done. My presentation isn't finished yet but partially because I have to go to the library and get an old journal article (written by Malcolm Dockerty!)
Yes...the next few days, I will be getting ready for my Vegas trip (I think I will read about Craps) and finishing up revisions/rebuttals for a manuscript. Other than that...experiments are done for now. No more stuff to do except find other ways to distract myself before the big day.

I have two options. Read for Surgery, or read for Step 2.

You might argue that they are the same, but I keep being told there really is not very much Surgery on Step 2.

deschutes said:
I have two options. Read for Surgery, or read for Step 2.

You might argue that they are the same, but I keep being told there really is not very much Surgery on Step 2.
well i remember questions on appendicitis, cholecystitis, and diverticulitis. but yes, the final answer is surgery. woopdeedoo.

just give fluids and preop antibiotics.

AndyMilonakis said:

No lies!! I'm going to tear myself away from SDN early too and go to bed!! I need to get into work before my rotation student so that I can actually get my own experiments done.

I hope your luck in the lab this weekend rubs off on me! :luck:
(Of course, I know that in your case it's not luck, it's skillz)