crzynikki

A beginning without end..
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2003
93
0
38
Queens, NY
Visit site
Status
Hi, everyone! Once again I am in need of advice (and everyone here has always been so kind to me in the past! :love: ).
I took the MCAT last April and scored a 25Q :scared: . I plan on taking it again either this August or next April. I have a 3.6 GPA. Do you think I have a chance (I'm from New York and will be applying to NY schools first and foremost) and should apply this coming June, or should I save my money and sit it out another year? I don't mind waiting another year or so because I need to catch up on my volunteer work and such.
Thanks for any help you can offer! :)
 

mkkelly

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
40
0
39
Michigan
Status
My advice would be to devote your life to the MCAT this spring/summer and try to get your score around 30. If you dont mind waiting the extra year I would hold off since you wont get your scores back till late october at the earliest. 3.6 gpa and volunteer work is good so just focus on your weakest part. If I get my results back from this april and they are lower then a 30 I will retake in august and probably wait till 2005 to apply. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)
 

blz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
1,282
4
LA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you an URM you will get in. If not, I would also suggest taking the MCAT again.
 

IcedCube

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
121
0
Status
should i apply before or after my mcat scores arrive?
 
About the Ads