1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When Should I Apply?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by crzynikki, Apr 21, 2004.

1. crzynikki

crzynikki A beginning without end..
    10+ Year Member

Hi, everyone! Once again I am in need of advice (and everyone here has always been so kind to me in the past! :love: ).
    I took the MCAT last April and scored a 25Q :scared: . I plan on taking it again either this August or next April. I have a 3.6 GPA. Do you think I have a chance (I'm from New York and will be applying to NY schools first and foremost) and should apply this coming June, or should I save my money and sit it out another year? I don't mind waiting another year or so because I need to catch up on my volunteer work and such.
    Thanks for any help you can offer! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mkkelly

mkkelly Member
    5+ Year Member

My advice would be to devote your life to the MCAT this spring/summer and try to get your score around 30. If you dont mind waiting the extra year I would hold off since you wont get your scores back till late october at the earliest. 3.6 gpa and volunteer work is good so just focus on your weakest part. If I get my results back from this april and they are lower then a 30 I will retake in august and probably wait till 2005 to apply. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

4. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you an URM you will get in. If not, I would also suggest taking the MCAT again.

5. IcedCube

IcedCube Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

should i apply before or after my mcat scores arrive?