When should I buy the Dr. Collins self study packet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robin2nightwing

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the PCAT around September 2016. I was thinking of buying the self study packet, but I want to get the most recent, updated version. So when should I purchase that? Is it around the time when the live classes start? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I just ordered mine and will be taking the exam this january, I received the one with the 2015 updates. I believe they do the updates after each exam. Keep in mind it will take about a week to ship and the time you will need to study also.

I just ordered mine and will be taking the exam this january, I received the one with the 2015 updates. I believe they do the updates after each exam. Keep in mind it will take about a week to ship and the time you will need to study also.
I'm having trouble finding Dr. Collins book. Could you tell mw where you bought it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Buy it as soon as possible and start studying for it as soon as you get it, honestly. If you study for like 2-3 hours a day, until the pcat, you'll definitely ace it. Start taking pre-tests like towards may-july to gauge where you are. I bought mine a couple of weeks after the Nov pcat and it didn't come with the update from the nov pcat. It was sent separately at a later time. Honestly, most of the questions are from like years back (2011-2013) so buying a new pack isn't really necessary and most people (including me) have the packs that we don't even need anymore.
I personally studied for 6 hours a day for 2 weeks and got in the 60s after taking it the first time without studying and receiving a score in the 20s.