When should I quit my full time job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When should I quit my job?

• Spring 2012

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Summer 2012

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Fall 2012

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Belle Melodie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im planning on leaving my job to go to school full time and focus on my biology major at a 4yr school. im a little undecided as to when I should do this. Take into consideration I will be taking out loans for expenses. Your input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Im planning on leaving my job to go to school full time and focus on my biology major at a 4yr school. im a little undecided as to when I should do this. Take into consideration I will be taking out loans for expenses. Your input is appreciated.

What classes have you taken, what do you have left?

Your signature says you are a class of 2017 hopeful. That would have you applying next summer.

You need a BS degree, and at a minimum it will take 4 semesters to complete the Chemistry series which means you would be taking the MCAT before taking OChem and applying with 1/2 your pre-reqs done.

Without more information as to your status it is impossible to tell you when you need to start.

Can you work part time and go to school? Lots of people do it...

Members don't see this ad :)
What classes have you taken, what do you have left?

Your signature says you are a class of 2017 hopeful. That would have you applying next summer.

You need a BS degree, and at a minimum it will take 4 semesters to complete the Chemistry series which means you would be taking the MCAT before taking OChem and applying with 1/2 your pre-reqs done.

Without more information as to your status it is impossible to tell you when you need to start.

ok actually I may have to change my sig then. I am going to be a junior in the spring and taking all pre reqs from there on out; includes summers, falls, winters & springs.

Can you work part time and go to school? Lots of people do it...

I wanted to take 15 credits at a time, I also have a 17month old boy so I dont think that 15 credits, volunteer and pt job would be good for him.

I wanted to take 15 credits at a time, I also have a 17month old boy so I dont think that 15 credits, volunteer and pt job would be good for him.

Ahh well didn't know you had a kid that changes everything.

You would find more help (maybe) on the non-trad section, there are more people in this kind of situation there.

Full time jobs and pre med just aren't compatible, I would quit as soon as it is possible .

ok actually I may have to change my sig then. I am going to be a junior in the spring and taking all pre reqs from there on out; includes summers, falls, winters & springs.

Do you have Bio I and II done?? You will not be able to move on to higher bio classes without them.

Also, does your university offer pre-req/upper level classes during winters? The two universities I have been a student of offered only certain classes during winters, and pre-reqs/upper level classes were not among them. If it is the same case in your university, you have less time than you think, even if you plan to apply in 2014.

Considering you have 60 upper-level credits + around 32 pre-requisite credits, I would resign and focus on school ASAP because at 15-17 credits per semester, you would be on schedule to finish in two years (if there are no other road-blocks along the way) which would make you on track to apply in the summer of 2013 to matriculate in 2014.

Be sure to double check with an advisor.

Do you have Bio I and II done?? You will not be able to move on to higher bio classes without them.

Also, does your university offer pre-req/upper level classes during winters? The two universities I have been a student of offered only certain classes during winters, and pre-reqs/upper level classes were not among them. If it is the same case in your university, you have less time than you think, even if you plan to apply in 2014.

Considering you have 60 upper-level credits + around 32 pre-requisite credits, I would resign and focus on school ASAP because at 15-17 credits per semester, you would be on schedule to finish in two years (if there are no other road-blocks along the way) which would make you on track to apply in the summer of 2013 to matriculate in 2014.

Be sure to double check with an advisor.

Unfortunately I wont be transferring to the school i wanted to until Fall 2012.

I am going to take Bio 1 and Chem 1 in the spring. And get those out the way, then i will take bio 2 in the fall ( they are not sequential courses at the school i want to go to).

I have been looking at the prior winter sessions and i dont think they offer the upper div courses in the winter but i will continue to look and hopefully i can squeeze one in at some point.

I will have my associates in June 2012. So i have 70 credits to go. I'm believing to think its gonna take me 3 years instead of 2. Hopefully not the case i will have to see as the semesters go by assuming im taking 16+ credits.

Update on the job situation: I think the resigning will definetely take place in the summer if i find 2 summer courses that i can take, if not early fall.

Seeing as Modern Warfare 3 has just been released, you should quit your full time job immediately. Your goals should be 1) Save America from the Russians 2) Prestige Mode 3) Medicine. That is all.

Seeing as Modern Warfare 3 has just been released, you should quit your full time job immediately. Your goals should be 1) Save America from the Russians 2) Prestige Mode 3) Medicine. That is all.

lol I'm a girl -_-
i dont play video games LOL:rolleyes: