When should I send my application fee to UWashington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jinhomc

You'll get what you need.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received an email from the school :
"Thank you for applying to the University of Washington School of Dentistry. We have received your AADSAS application for the 2012 admission cycle. Once we review we will let you know if other materials are required. Your patience is appreciated.

Due to the volume of applications, we ask that you do not respond to this informational email! If you need to update personal information on your application i.e. name, address, email, phone number you may do so directly on the AADSAS application website.

Thank you again for applying to our School!"

and I also see an update on AADSAS "school decision" page that my application has been received and is under review.

Should I send in my application fee now, or would there be an email telling me to do so?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait for it. I'm in the same boat. I'm sure they'll let us know.

UW updated my application on AADSAS and said its under review. My friends who got accepted last year said they contact you late asking for money. They said it was random. The school is having money issues so just wait, they will be asking for money.
I am surprised so many out of state people apply to UW....

Members don't see this ad :)
Once we review we will let you know if other materials are required. Your patience is appreciated.

In no way am I trying to bash you or mock you, but what part of "once we review we will let you know if other materials are needed" did you notunderstand?

Wait until you get your secondary application packet from UWSOD in the mail. That's when you fill out a whole bunch of papers and send in your $30 application fee (might have gone up this year, dunno).

In no way am I trying to bash you or mock you, but what part of "once we review we will let you know if other materials are needed" did you notunderstand?

:thumbup:

I thought the email was pretty self explanatory.

Wait until you get your secondary application packet from UWSOD in the mail. That's when you fill out a whole bunch of papers and send in your $30 application fee (might have gone up this year, dunno).

Thank you for the replies, guys.
Maybe I am a little too nervous about the whole application process, but the whole system is so new to me and time is the essence here. I dont want to risk my chance by assuming that the required "materials" include the app fee. I thought it would be safer to ask somebody for opinion when majority of the dental schools wouldnt even touch your application before they receive your money.