When should I start applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctbmc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying this coming year and I want to have your opinion and advice on when is the earliest I can apply as well as any other possible tips.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely apply early. The application is usually online (AACOMAS) by May or so. Last year, we could begin submitting the primary app around July 1st. After that, depending on the school you will start receiving secondaries by the end of July/early August if you submitted your primary early. This past year I applied to 12 schools and received all the secondaries by mid August, most earlier. Finish those up and send them in as soon as possible, along with all letters of reccomendation, fees, etc. After that the timing is a crapshoot...I got my first interview offer in mid-September (for Oct 1st) and was accepted about 2 weeks later. Other schools I still have not heard from (today is Mar 1st, almost 6 months since my apps have been complete). So make sure you check the AACOMAS website to find out when you can submit the primary. The earlier the better. Good luck.

Everything should be done before the end of your spring semester. Plus I would get the secondaries from the schools of your choice and fill them out. And if you can't them from the school you should contact other people that have applied to that school and ask them waht essays you need to write. Have everything ready to go.

There is no reason to wait

AK

Thank you everyone for the advices and good luck with everything