Medical When should I submit secondaries if taking MCAT in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently studying for the MCAT and taking it July 18th, however I've already started to receive a few secondary apps from some DO schools. Outside of the one with strict deadlines, do you think it would be wise to focus on my MCAT first and then sending those apps in after I'm done with the test or do you think I should try to do them soon? My plan was to focus on studying and get a good score and then trying to knock out all my secondary apps in the two weeks after my test and that way I'll have both my apps and my score in by the beginning of august. Thanks for all your help!
MCAT first, then secondaries. The schools aren't going anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for replying! I'll focus on the MCAT first then. I just got worried because I hear people say that you have to turn in ur secondary apps within 2 weeks or else it'll look bad, but I felt like if I rushed them, they won't be done well anyways.
They don't care about that. They're not microanalyzing in that way. Just do well on your MCAT, and start submitting secondaries after that.

Thank you so much for replying! I'll focus on the MCAT first then. I just got worried because I hear people say that you have to turn in ur secondary apps within 2 weeks or else it'll look bad, but I felt like if I rushed them, they won't be done well anyways.
Applying to med school is not like dating; med schools don't get peeved if you haven't responded to a dinner date within a certain period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.