When should I submit secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariambaby3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary on June 10th and AMCAS received my transcript on June 22nd and they're still waiting to verify it. My school's committee letter has not been sent yet.

I've been receiving some secondaries despite not being verified yet.

Ideally when should I complete these secondaries? What time frame is considered "early" or good?

Will it at all benefit me if I submit my secondaries before my transcript are verified and before they receive my committee letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Have them ready so you can submit as soon as you are verified/letter is sent. There is no benefit to submitting early if you aren't verified

Ideally when should I complete these secondaries? What time frame is considered "early" or good?

Ideally, you should be ready to submit all of your secondaries by the time you are verified and have all of your letters of recommendation in.

Will it at all benefit me if I submit my secondaries before my transcript are verified and before they receive my committee letter?

No.

Everyone on SDN is saying to turn them in within 2 weeks of receiving them, even if they don't have that deadline. What if you turn them in like exactly 2 weeks later. Does it look bad to them? Like does it look like you prioritized other secondaries over theirs and that is why it took you so long? I am overloaded with secondaries and am having a hard time turning them in right away. I have been turning them in around 10-14 days after I receive them. Does this look bad?