General Admissions & OTCAS When should I submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michellem915

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im not sure when I should submit my application. They say to apply early, however, my volunteer hours wont be finished until mid September. Should I submit my application and then add more later in December or wait and finish my hours then submit my applications? I also have 1 prerequisite that I am taking in this fall semester... here's my stats

Major: Health Science, Minor in Business
Overall GPA: 3.52
Prereq GPA: 3.75
GRE: Taking in August
Volunteer Hours: 50 Hand Therapy
50 Acute Care
50 Outpatient

Extras: Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp Counselor
Collegiate Track & Field Team Member
Applying to: Stockton, Kean, Seton Hall, Temple, Salus, Chatham, Thomas Jefferson, Philadelphia U

Members don't see this ad.

Im not sure when I should submit my application. They say to apply early, however, my volunteer hours wont be finished until mid September. Should I submit my application and then add more later in December or wait and finish my hours then submit my applications? I also have 1 prerequisite that I am taking in this fall semester... here's my stats

Major: Health Science, Minor in Business
Overall GPA: 3.52
Prereq GPA: 3.75
GRE: Taking in August
Volunteer Hours: 50 Hand Therapy
50 Acute Care
50 Outpatient

Extras: Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp Counselor
Collegiate Track & Field Team Member
Applying to: Stockton, Kean, Seton Hall, Temple, Salus, Chatham, Thomas Jefferson, Philadelphia U

If you already have those 150 hours I would say submit whenever you are done with the application. You can't add more hours to your OTCAS application in December BUT you can always send the hours directly to the school. Chatham has an early option that you may qualify for if you are verified early enough (and it's not binding)... Salus of course is rolling admission so you want them to have everything EARLY especially so you won't get an interview in like march. You should contact schools and ask if you have to have your GRE scores on your OTCAS or if you can just send them directly to them (most probably won't care if you include them on your OTCAS)... That would allow you to submit even earlier if you don't have to wait for your GRE scores. Your stats are great.... If you do well on your GRE (and have good letters of rec) you should definitely get an interview at Salus and Chatham. Make sure your personal statement helps you stand out too!