When should I take my MCAT and apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khoi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a few question regarding when about to take my MCAT and to apply for medical school. So if you guys can give me some answers I would appreciated it.

Here is my situation, so far I got G-chem, O-chem , and Bio under my belt. However I can't take the MCAT because I have yet to take Physics. I'm going to take physics this upcoming year (2007- June 2008), and take the MCAT sometime during that summer (I'm starting to review g,o chem and bio right now). I'm also going to be enrolled in the Kaplan MCAT program, during my spring quarter.

So my questions are:

Should I take my MCAT then apply? or can I start the AMCAS application process anytime?

Also can anyone help clarify for me what is the EDP( Early Decision Program)? are you qualify for the EAP by default if you apply via AMCAS on time?

Any other suggestion would help.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Don't take the MCAT if you haven't taken Physics. There's no point in that. Your physical sciences score will suffer (I'm talking maybe getting a 4-5).

Physics is a hard enough subject in itself, but trying to take the MCAT without it, I would call that suicide.