When should I take the DAT to get into say columbia or NYU for next fall '05? thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad.

amoxicillin said:
thanks for the info.

Study this summer and take it sometime in august. THats your best bet.

I would take it in August. No classes to interupt your studying this summer is a good thing and because you get your results immediately after taking the DAT, you can wait a little longer if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
The earlier the better.

I took the DAT in August and although I got accepted, I got a few of my interviews in mid/late January and wasted $1500 on a BU deposit on Dec 1.

If possible, I would advise you to take it earlier. That way you can have all of your interviews done before Dec 1.

Are you ready to take the DAT? Are you done with all your bio, gen chem, and orgo classes? If you're ready, take it as early as possible. If you're not ready, the lastest you can take is probably early-mid November. I sent my application in August and took DAT on Nov. 6, 2003, and I still managed to get into Columbia. Hope that helps you.

amoxicillin I would take it sometime in August or September provided you prepare for this upcoming months. Give yourself time, dont rush it. After taking it then apply. Believe me August and September is not late it applying.

Dentin068 said:
amoxicillin I would take it sometime in August or September provided you prepare for this upcoming months. Give yourself time, dont rush it. After taking it then apply. Believe me August and September is not late it applying.

While its not 'late', its been shown time after time on these forums that the early bird gets the worm.