1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When should I take the DAT to get into say columbia or NYU for next fall '05? thanks

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by amoxicillin, Apr 21, 2004.

1. amoxicillin

amoxicillin Membership Revoked
    Removed

thanks for the info.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. freedyx3

freedyx3 I'm Columbian
    7+ Year Member

Study this summer and take it sometime in august. THats your best bet.

4. munbue

munbue Roy Munson
    7+ Year Member

I would take it in August. No classes to interupt your studying this summer is a good thing and because you get your results immediately after taking the DAT, you can wait a little longer if needed.

5. ShawnOne

ShawnOne DDS over DMD
    7+ Year Member

The earlier the better.

I took the DAT in August and although I got accepted, I got a few of my interviews in mid/late January and wasted $1500 on a BU deposit on Dec 1.

If possible, I would advise you to take it earlier. That way you can have all of your interviews done before Dec 1.

6. aileen

aileen Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Are you ready to take the DAT? Are you done with all your bio, gen chem, and orgo classes? If you're ready, take it as early as possible. If you're not ready, the lastest you can take is probably early-mid November. I sent my application in August and took DAT on Nov. 6, 2003, and I still managed to get into Columbia. Hope that helps you.

7. Dentin068

Dentin068 Member
    5+ Year Member

amoxicillin I would take it sometime in August or September provided you prepare for this upcoming months. Give yourself time, dont rush it. After taking it then apply. Believe me August and September is not late it applying.

8. ShawnOne

ShawnOne DDS over DMD
    7+ Year Member

While its not 'late', its been shown time after time on these forums that the early bird gets the worm.