When should I take the DAT to get into say columbia or NYU for next fall '05? thanks

munbue

Roy Munson
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Status
I would take it in August. No classes to interupt your studying this summer is a good thing and because you get your results immediately after taking the DAT, you can wait a little longer if needed.

About the Ads

ShawnOne

DDS over DMD
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2003
City of Angels
Status
The earlier the better.

I took the DAT in August and although I got accepted, I got a few of my interviews in mid/late January and wasted $1500 on a BU deposit on Dec 1.

If possible, I would advise you to take it earlier. That way you can have all of your interviews done before Dec 1.

aileen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Are you ready to take the DAT? Are you done with all your bio, gen chem, and orgo classes? If you're ready, take it as early as possible. If you're not ready, the lastest you can take is probably early-mid November. I sent my application in August and took DAT on Nov. 6, 2003, and I still managed to get into Columbia. Hope that helps you.

Dentin068

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2004
NY
Status
amoxicillin I would take it sometime in August or September provided you prepare for this upcoming months. Give yourself time, dont rush it. After taking it then apply. Believe me August and September is not late it applying.

ShawnOne

DDS over DMD
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2003
City of Angels
Status
Dentin068 said:
amoxicillin I would take it sometime in August or September provided you prepare for this upcoming months. Give yourself time, dont rush it. After taking it then apply. Believe me August and September is not late it applying.
While its not 'late', its been shown time after time on these forums that the early bird gets the worm.

About the Ads