When should I take the MCAT????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aglet01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Physics I, Genetics, and organic chemistry I this semester, and next semester I take Physics II, cell bio, and organic II. If I finish the first week of May, when is the best time to take the MCAT, allowing ample study time??

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking Physics I, Genetics, and organic chemistry I this semester, and next semester I take Physics II, cell bio, and organic II. If I finish the first week of May, when is the best time to take the MCAT, allowing ample study time??

Only you know the answer.

Do you have enough time to commit studying 3-4 hours a day on average during the months of March-April (possibly even February?). How are those classes at your school? How is your specific background for those classes? What non-academic responsibilities do you have?

If yes, consider taking it in late May.. you'll get your scores back after the application service opens but you can still submit day one and you won't be very late (if at all). If no, consider taking it later in the summer (mid-July). Your application will be later but a better MCAT score wins out every time.