when should we expect residency interview invitations to come?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Borrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this is completely program/speciality dependent blah blah. but just a rough estimate, in your opinion and experience do invitations come out before mspe is released? if so, is it unusual to receive an invite this week or does it take much longer? fwiw, my program is neurology and medicine prelims

just trying to do some advanced planning (and no lie, im getting pretty excited)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
its a simple question, i was just curious
It depends on the specialty. Surgery waits longer than medicine. But we don't know your interest so we can't answer.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

The best way to answer this is to look at the specialty specific forums. In each one, if you search back to last year, there should be an interview thread. You'll see when, in general, interviews are given out.

Reactions: 1 user
All different, some places will start right away, some wait til after MSPE's are released at the beginning of October, some go slow and steady, some will give the top 100 candidates all of their interview slots and won't start inviting the other 900 applicants until the top 100 realize they have too many interviews and cancel on them in November. Best thing to do is just not worry about.

Reactions: 1 user
i know this is completely program/speciality dependent blah blah. but just a rough estimate, in your opinion and experience do invitations come out before mspe is released? if so, is it unusual to receive an invite this week or does it take much longer? fwiw, my program is neurology and medicine prelims

just trying to do some advanced planning (and no lie, im getting pretty excited)

Go clog the neurology forums with your uninteresting thread that could have been answered by a few minutes searching through old threads in the neurology forum

Reactions: 1 users