When the interviewer doesn't reply to your thank you note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i sent a thank you note to my interviewer via email; but he hasn't responded to my email. i should really get a life and not worry about this stuff.
but is this a bad sign when the interviewer doesn't respond to this kinda stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

You replied to yourself correctly: go get a life! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
so i sent a thank you note to my interviewer via email; but he hasn't responded to my email. i should really get a life and not worry about this stuff.
but is this a bad sign when the interviewer doesn't respond to this kinda stuff?

hey never got respsone to my thank you note either...i think they get so many and are so busy they forget...anyway it doesnt mean anything...i still got accepted

most people don't respond to thank you notes, because then they would be thaking you for a thank you. Then you would have to thank them for thanking you for thanking them. Then they would have to thank you for thanking them for thanking you for the original thank you! :p

I got one reply to an email, just a cursory "good luck, etc", which probably doesn't really mean anything, except maybe that my interviewer checks his email as much as I do? Haha. But yeah, i wouldn't worry about it.

most people don't respond to thank you notes, because then they would be thaking you for a thank you. Then you would have to thank them for thanking you for thanking them. Then they would have to thank you for thanking them for thanking you for the original thank you! :p

This is correct...one does not acknowledge a thank you note...

I always thought hand written notes were better than an email thank-you. Plus that way you don't have to worry about these things since it is HIGHLY unlikely you will get a mailed response to your letter.

I've written 10 thank you emails, and gotten 2 responses. Both were along the lines of "you're a good applicant" "good luck"

It is not common pratice to respond to a thank you note. I have never heard of a "your welcome" note.