When they ask you your first choice ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What do you say when a backup school asks you if they are your first choice?

• Tell them they are your first choice

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Tell them they are not your first choice, but you would like to attend nonetheless

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

ofthesun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens when you're interviewing at a school, perhaps out of state/province, and they ask you, "What school was your first chioce?" and your honest answer isn't that school?

Either way, of course, I assume you would back up your answer with why (true or otherwise).

Although I'd be happiest to say it was elsewhere and that application is a backup, I don't think they'd take it that well to hear it ...

Members don't see this ad.

ofthesun said:
What happens when you're interviewing at a school, perhaps out of state/province, and they ask you, "What school was your first chioce?" and your honest answer isn't that school?

Either way, of course, I assume you would back up your answer with why.

But although I'd be happiest to say it was elsewhere and that application is a backup, I don't think they'd take it that well to hear it ...
Treat any school that you'd like an acceptance from as your first choice. For purposes of that day, there is no place you'd rather be.