When to apply for AACOMAS FAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elitehacker1337

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already applied and got AMCAS FAP but when should I apply for AACOMAS FAP? There seems to be a 14 day window between applying/being granted the FAP and applying to the AACOMAS app cycle.

If I want to apply early as possible to AMCAS and AACOMAS, when would be the best time to apply? 14 days before May 2?

Members don't see this ad.

Because of the tighter window, I would wait until you know your app is ready to submit (transcripts, LORs received) to apply. As long as you submit within that month, everything should be fine and you don't want to reapply for FAP.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed with the above poster, make sure you have your personal statement and transcripts ready to go before submitting for FAP. You don't need LORs added at that time since you can add them after your primary has been verified. I believe you cannot reapply during the same application cycle if you miss the window.

@camoixu
@DrPatrickStar
I am considering waiting and applying with my final grades for Spring semester. This will be finalized May 12-14. Once this is finalized, would waiting for AACOMAS FAP approval put me "late" in the application?

I could not find AACOMAS' transmission date, thus I do not know when verification should be complete. Would applying Mid/Late May still be verified before schools start processing primaries?