• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

when to apply for gap year job during senior year?

wya2020

May 6, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
my research advisor said that if youre interested in research positions that there really isnt a timeline in the sense that you could secure a position even in the summer prior to starting in august. this is because funding gets approved throughout the academic year with different grant deadlines so new positions open up in waves

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
  1. Medical Student
I think it would really depend on what kind of job you're looking for. Research would have to be earlier since you'd have to find a PI, make sure they have the funding, and apply for study grants or funding somehow. If you're looking for a job like a scribe or a PCA, you would probably have to wait till you're about 3 months out from when you want to start since they would want to hire people who can start pretty much immediately.

browneyefrenchfry

May 7, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I think it would really depend on what kind of job you're looking for. Research would have to be earlier since you'd have to find a PI, make sure they have the funding, and apply for study grants or funding somehow. If you're looking for a job like a scribe or a PCA, you would probably have to wait till you're about 3 months out from when you want to start since they would want to hire people who can start pretty much immediately.
I'm thinking clinical research!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.