Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When to apply for the MMEP summer enrichment program?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Raptor, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Raptor

Raptor Found one
    7+ Year Member

Has anybody done this program or going to do it next summer? If yes, will it be too early if I apply in November for summer 2003? Thanks for the information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. efex101

efex101 attending
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Apply as early as you can, they take students as they apply so it is rolling admissions. I was accepted to all applied but I opted for a research experience versus MMEP. Good luck!

3. square

square Member
    10+ Year Member

i was in mmep in 1999. did you check out their link at www.aamc.org? that should provide you with all of the details of the program. keep me posted...

abiff

4. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would apply NOW!. Last year I had everything completed in late january and i thought I was gonna surely get a spot somewhere. I waited, waited, waited and got nothing. So when i finally took the initiative to call the schools they told me the AAMC never sent my info to them! SO i had to hassle the aamc mmep people. So for instance at Columbia they choose their students from the first 500 that apply. The rest of the batch is kind of like a waiting list if people begin to chose other sites. So i got dumped there and at Yale. Thankfully, there was space in the NJMS program which i took part in. I loved the experience. The school was great, it was close to my family in NJ, and I met my current girlfriend there! How nicely things worked out. Anyways, like i said, apply now before spots begin to fill.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

6. Raptor

Raptor Found one
    7+ Year Member

Thanks all for the information, I am getting everything ready now to send in the applications. This is my first time so I don't really know. I went on the aamc website and it didn't specify the date at which to apply. And I thought January was early:laugh: .

7. williestyle81

williestyle81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

MyEyes,
    did you do the mmep at NJMS this past summer??? cuz i did!!!:p

8. tiv01

tiv01 New Member

MMEP is a minority program--minority meaning Blacks,Hispanics, and Native Americans (American Indians, AlaskanNatives, and Native Hawaiians).

If I'm not in this category, should I apply anyways? What are the chances of getting accepted into MMEP as a non-minority? What about economically disadvantaged (not that all college students aren't)? Has anyone gotten into MMEP? What did you think about the program?

Any reply at all would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!,
    tiv01