emyli3do

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Optometry
I'm planning to apply to Optometry school for the class of 2011. I haven't taken my OAT yet and i'm planning to apply early for admissions say sometime March of 2010. I was wondering if you guys can give me an estimate on the month that i should take my OAT so that i can get all my scores sent out and ready for applying by March. If you apply for the OAT do you normally get dates right away or you have to wait for like a month?
Any answers will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!:)

hurricaneuro

SUNY c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2008
Coral Gables, FL
www.facebook.com
Status
Optometry Student
I'm not sure if you can apply for 2010-2011 in March, as the 2009-2010 cycle will still be going on....you will probably be able to start applying just like us this year, in July of 2010 (the preceding July to matriculation.) If you take your OAT's anytime before July 2010 you should be fine. Registering is easy, just look semi-ahead of time so the spaces don't run out.

A lot of people on this board, myself included, took the OAT's in June.

OpticalBlackOut

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2008
Status
Optometrist
I'm planning to apply to Optometry school for the class of 2011. I haven't taken my OAT yet and i'm planning to apply early for admissions say sometime March of 2010. I was wondering if you guys can give me an estimate on the month that i should take my OAT so that i can get all my scores sent out and ready for applying by March. If you apply for the OAT do you normally get dates right away or you have to wait for like a month?
Any answers will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!:)
Yeah, you can't apply in March because the cycle for the previous year hasn't ended. The earliest in the application cycle is July. Otherwise, you can apply for the c/o 2010 in March.