When to Apply to Dental Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

webdivx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People usually apply to undergrad college in the fall (sept-oct, sometimes nov) of their senior year of high school, and priority admission is most of the time in Sept-Oct.

So I am graduating from college (undergrad) in spring 2009. When should I apply to dental schools so I can get priority admission? This is generally speaking, no specific school, but in general when is the time (and deadline usually) for priority admission to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Apply as early as possible!!!
People get in applying later during the cycle. Save yourself some greif and stress and submit your app in late may early june.

may 15th 2008. Basically a whole year before you graduate.

More info.

if you want to go right into dental school upon graduation you would apply @ the end of your junior year, summer of senior year. so you would apply May 2008. when i say may, i mean when aadsas has the application up and all. Schools give out interviews october, november, and then first round of acceptances is after about the first week of Dec. Thats the first round but there is 2 more rounds.

I applied end of may/june and then sent in my DAT scores in Aug. and application was complete on time