When to decide on what school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stratilo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those holding more than one acceptance, when is it necessary to decide on a specific school? Is there a certain date when we have to tell the other(s) schools that we won't be attending in the fall? Will they kick anyone out soon for not deciding?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Although if you know your not going to go to one school, you should tell them as soon as you have made that decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read somewhere that you shouldn't hold multiple acceptances for over 2 weeks. I don't know if this is a formal rule or just a courtesy to the schools so they can start pulling from the waitlist.

..Generally it's considered rude to hold more than 2 acceptances at a time...

I don't know about you guys but until I see my financial aid packages I'm not making any decisions.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by UCLA2000:

I don't know about you guys but until I see my financial aid packages I'm not making any decisions.•••••same here. if i have changed my mind about a school i've applied to, then i'll turn down the interview and not even bother to put myself in the position of possibly getting an acceptance. so the schools that are left are those that i'm extremely interested in going to. however, financial concerns will factor into my decision heavily and i'll need this kind of information to make a good decision.

Thanks everyone for your input. Don't worry, I only accepted two offers. But I, like some others here, don't want to make the tough decision of picking the school until I get some financial aid info.

And, as soon as I decide, I will withdraw from the other to allow those waiting in agony to be pulled up to join the class of 2006!!