Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

When to decide on what school...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Stratilo, Feb 18, 2002.

  1. Stratilo

    Stratilo Junior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2001
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    For those holding more than one acceptance, when is it necessary to decide on a specific school? Is there a certain date when we have to tell the other(s) schools that we won't be attending in the fall? Will they kick anyone out soon for not deciding?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. LizardKing

    LizardKing Veteran Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2001
    Messages:
    549
    Likes Received:
    1
  4. Jalby

    Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2001
    Messages:
    5,496
    Likes Received:
    1,471
    Status:
    Pre-Veterinary
    Although if you know your not going to go to one school, you should tell them as soon as you have made that decision.
     
  5. PMPMD

    PMPMD 4G MD
    Physician Faculty

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2001
    Messages:
    1,433
    Likes Received:
    23
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't hold multiple acceptances for over 2 weeks. I don't know if this is a formal rule or just a courtesy to the schools so they can start pulling from the waitlist.
     
  6. UCLA2000

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2001
    Messages:
    2,314
    Likes Received:
    3
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    ..Generally it's considered rude to hold more than 2 acceptances at a time...

    I don't know about you guys but until I see my financial aid packages I'm not making any decisions.
     
  7. sandflea

    sandflea Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2001
    Messages:
    791
    Likes Received:
    1
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by UCLA2000:
    <strong>

    I don't know about you guys but until I see my financial aid packages I'm not making any decisions.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">same here. if i have changed my mind about a school i've applied to, then i'll turn down the interview and not even bother to put myself in the position of possibly getting an acceptance. so the schools that are left are those that i'm extremely interested in going to. however, financial concerns will factor into my decision heavily and i'll need this kind of information to make a good decision.
     
  8. Stratilo

    Stratilo Junior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2001
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks everyone for your input. Don't worry, I only accepted two offers. But I, like some others here, don't want to make the tough decision of picking the school until I get some financial aid info.

    And, as soon as I decide, I will withdraw from the other to allow those waiting in agony to be pulled up to join the class of 2006!!
     

Share This Page