When to Expect Pre-II "Closure": A (Short) List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluefreckles

Reaction score
I looked through last year's school-specific threads to find the last interview invite dates of the schools I'm still waiting to hear from. Obviously things change year-to-year (especially this year), and SDN data isn't complete, but I do like having a general idea of when I can move into "decision-making" mode about the schools I have heard from. I thought I might save y'all some time and share them! Feel free to add to this list with your own schools in the comments. I think it will be nice to have a master list. These dates are the last day someone received an invitation, not the last scheduled interview day.

Date of last interview invitation (2019-2020) by school:
George Washington - 3/2
Emory - 2/28
Icahn at Mount Sinai - 2/13
Perelman at UPenn - 2/7
Temple - 3/12
Wake Forest - 2/12

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I looked through last year's school-specific threads to find the last interview invite dates of the schools I'm still waiting to hear from. Obviously things change year-to-year (especially this year), and SDN data isn't complete, but I do like having a general idea of when I can move into "decision-making" mode about the schools I have heard from. I thought I might save y'all some time and share them! Feel free to add to this list with your own schools in the comments. I think it will be nice to have a master list. These dates are the last day someone received an invitation, not the last scheduled interview day.

Date of last interview invitation (2019-2020) by school:
George Washington - 3/2
Emory - 2/28
Icahn at Mount Sinai - 2/13
Perelman at UPenn - 2/7
Temple - 3/12
Wake Forest - 2/12
Here's a healthier way of looking at it, even though it upsets a number of sensitive SDNers:

You are rejected until you get that accept email in your Inbox, and should be working on Plan B accordingly.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a healthier way of looking at it, even though it upsets a number of sensitive SDNers:

You are rejected until you get that accept email in your Inbox, and should be working on Plan B accordingly.
Speaking for myself, after acceptance I'd still like closure from schools I'm waiting on. As OP mentioned, it helps with making decisions from schools we've heard back from. It helps to manage expectations, since I'm finding it impossible to not hope on certain schools even though I know I'm rejected unless notified otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users
Speaking for myself, after acceptance I'd still like closure from schools I'm waiting on. As OP mentioned, it helps with making decisions from schools we've heard back from. It helps to manage expectations, since I'm finding it impossible to not hope on certain schools even though I know I'm rejected unless notified otherwise.
100% agree.