1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

when to interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by topdogg82, Aug 7, 2006.

1. topdogg82

topdogg82 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

okay, so some of the schools im applying to are rolling, so they could possibly accept me as early as november/dec. however, they all have these 2-3 week max response times for those accepted, so if my top choices send out acceptances in march, do i have to take the gamble of letting go of these early acceptances to hope getting into a top choice later?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

I personally feel that I would never let an acceptance go..unless I had multiple and would not consider attending that school. You should never put all your eggs in one basket and end up with nothing..

my .02

4. spospo

spospo Going to extremes
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

from what i understand, you can take the acceptance and put down the deposit and as long as you withdraw before May 15th, then the school will refund you your deposit. so don't worry about taking an early acceptance. you aren't legally bound to go there. you can take it and then withdraw if your dream school accepts you.

5. topdogg82

topdogg82 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

ok cool i didnt realize you could send a deposit and still withdraw, b/c otherwise it'd be a pretty ridiculous process deciding whether to take an early acceptance or take the risk of holding out for your top choices.

6. spospo

spospo Going to extremes
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

yes, that would be utterly ridiculous. best of luck :luck:

7. Dr.TobiasFünke

Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    accepting an acceptance does ot mean you need to go there... you can have many acceptances until May 15th afterwhich you can only have one.

8. topdogg82

topdogg82 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

haha yeah thanks g luck to you too

9. ClockworkDoc

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Exception: DO schools charge more to hold a spot (~$1k/half year) and do not offer a refund