when to make up a rotation from 3rd during 4th year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiffywerk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to make up a 6 wk core rotation from my 3rd year which I had been excused from initially. In regards to interviews I wanted to know whether it is better to make up the rotation from 9/24/12-11/2/12 OR 11/5/12-12/14/14? I plan on having my application in by mid september and plan on applying to 40-50 programs (step 1 score - 206, bottom quarter of class in rank but no red flags or anything, US MD school, will have step 2 taken by mid september as well assume I will get score in 220s at best). I know that it will probably be hard to get more then a few days off from my rotation. Those are the only 2 blocks available for me to make up the rotation in.

Members don't see this ad.

Do it early.

1) if it's core m3, you'll need the grade (potentially) before you get the interview.

2) the later date encompasses more of the meat of interview season = logistical nightmare.

Cheers!
-d

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks for your advice. I was not sure as to when I should expect the majority of my interviews, which I know is a hard thing to predict, on one hand I have below average stats but also I plan on applying early.

Thanks for your advice. I was not sure as to when I should expect the majority of my interviews, which I know is a hard thing to predict, on one hand I have below average stats but also I plan on applying early.

Interview season is generally mid-November through mid-January with stragglers on both sides. With the app season being pushed back a bit this year (9/15 app date...although the earlier MSPE release date confounds that somewhat), I would anticipate the first 3 weeks of December and the entire month of January as prime interview time this year.

Don't do anything important (other than interview for residency) during that timeframe.