When to release acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snoopygirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious about those who have multiple acceptances. How long do you plan on holding that acceptance when you are certain that you will not attend that particular medical school? Does anyone have "release anxiety?

Members don't see this ad.

Right now I'm holding onto my Temple and Drexel ones and will do so until the last minute. I do so just in case I may change my mind and decide to attend one of these schools. I hope to hold onto them until as late as I can which I guess is around May sometime.

Also, I have this fear that if I do bad in one of my last two quarters that one of the schools will rescind my acceptance. By holding multiple acceptances, I can have options just in case this happens.

im gonna wait till i get lucky with a california acceptance.

if i dont get that then i have to compare financial aid packages before picking a school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are holding a Jefferson acceptance and don't want to go there, I will gladly take your spot. After watching some hot Big 5 B-ball tonight, I know I want to stay in philly.

And for anyone who feels as if CWRU just is not the school for them feel free to inform the school that you think that I am truly deserving of an acceptance!!

And if you don't want to recomend me....fine.....just turn in the dang on acceptance so they can select me!!!

me...me...me.....it's all about me!!

Originally posted by CanIBeMe??
And for anyone who feels as if CWRU just is not the school for them feel free to inform the school that you think that I am truly deserving of an acceptance!!

And if you don't want to recomend me....fine.....just turn in the dang on acceptance so they can select me!!!

me...me...me.....it's all about me!!

ill sell you my spot for ... hmm... $250,000

ok, to get back to the original question... i'd say people are still holding multiple acceptances when they're not sure where they want to go yet. look at my signature - i'm holding both still cuz i don't know which i want to go to, and to be honest, if i don't get in anywhere else i'm gonna hold them both till may probably to try and get more information before deciding. now, if i get in somewhere i'd prefer over either of these schools i'll gladly drop them so other people can be happy about an acceptance. likewise, if i get in somewhere i wouldn't go over my state schools i'll decline that immedeately.

so i don't think most people are being selfish pigs, holding 5 acceptances, 3 of which they have no plans of even considering. this is a big decision, and a lot of us are just waiting to get more information (ie, financial aid info).

Sorry mlw to get off topic....but this is important

Alright Mike...let me see if I can talk you down....what about $250.....and I get a few friends to go up to Mt. Sinai and *kindly* :smuggrin: convince them to send you that acceptance letter???

Okay, just one more question which is going in a little different direction. How much of a factor is cost when it comes down to deciding? Will the prestige/reputation of the school weigh more heavily than economics? How appealing is your in-state medical school looking to you? Right now, I am trying to get a pulse of what drives people to base their decisions once they get an acceptance. Also, is it that important where you attend in regards to residencies? Inquiring minds really need to know. Thanks for your input.

To me going somewhere where I feel comfortable and will be happy is more important than the cost. (Although as a CA resident with probably no in state options I guess it doesn't apply to me much). In then end I figure that I'll make enough to eventually pay my loans off, and I fortunatly don't have any debt from my undergrad. I think its kind of silly to call some private schools more expensive and hideous just because they are $5000 more per year, but then I guess I am finanically fortunate.
But my mom went to Chicago Medical (Finch), and is still a very excellent physician. I think studying hard and trying your best is more important than the reputation of the school, unless you want to go into academic medicine or research.

And if anyone got into Northwestern and really doesn't want to go please release it! I really want to go there.