when to retake the PCAT, OCt or JAN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoNtGIvEUp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys, as some of might you have read my thread, i did terribly bad on my first time pcat test.I know i didnt have enough time to finish it, i was at #20 when when we were told we had five mints left, i did finish biology though,but the score was horrible(7%) and the funny thing is biology is my favorite subject,anyway my question is for guys when do u think i should retake the the test again.I want to take it in Oct, but it seems impossible to me with the amount of credit hours im taking now, and if i take it in Jan. i dont know what my chance will be to get accepted this year because most schools require you to take it before Oct.

So guys give me your best ideas what i should do, shall i take it in Oct without prapering for it or shall i wait and study and take it in JAn, Please help me on this, i am frastrated!
if you Guys suggest that i take in JAn, how do you think i prepare for it, please!!

Members don't see this ad.

Do not depend on luck. U need to study for Pcat. I think there is no hope to score highly on Pcat without studying hard for i. I would say take it on Jan so you will have more time to study. But if u have enough money to spend, just take it on Oct. Or wait to apply next year.

Simple:

If you want to really push for getting into pharmacy school in Fall 2008, you really need to take the October PCAT. If Fall 2009 or later is a palatable start, then you can really wait a lot longer to study as a 7th percentile score anywhere is too much of a black mark.