When to send in secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickthetwinkie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently submitted my AMCAS/transcripts, and nothing has been verified yet. Johns Hopkins has an online secondary that can be filled out without being screened. Should I send it in as soon as possible, or should I wait until my AMCAS has been verified?

Members don't see this ad.

rickthetwinkie said:
I just recently submitted my AMCAS/transcripts, and nothing has been verified yet. Johns Hopkins has an online secondary that can be filled out without being screened. Should I send it in as soon as possible, or should I wait until my AMCAS has been verified?

In my understanding, schools will not review your file until it's complete (AMCAS, secondary, LOR, fee, and anything else they require). So I guess you'd get your file reviewed the quickest if you submitted your secondary/fee/LOR before your AMCAS is verified so that when it is you're good to go.... this is just my understanding.... anyone else?

I emailed Columbia, GW, and WashU. They all said its fine to submit before verification and can only speed up the process (but won't necessarily).

Lanced said:
I emailed Columbia, GW, and WashU. They all said its fine to submit before verification and can only speed up the process (but won't necessarily).