When To Send School Updates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narutoverse13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like one thing I've been told often is to send all your schools updates on your activities every two weeks, but I feel like there wouldn't be much to update them on :/. What do you guys think about the rules on sending updates and how often to send them? What would be substantial enough to warrant even sending an update? Thnx for the input :)

Members don't see this ad.

First off, not all schools (like Wake) do NOT accept updates.

Sending the Admissions dean something every two weeks smacks of anxiety and would just annoy them.

There are a few schools that are needy and like seeing people grovel, and so like LOI.

The only updates I think are worth sending are a semester full of great grades, or a paper accepted (NOT submitted!), or a talk at a national or higher level conference.

First off, not all schools (like Wake) do NOT accept updates.

Sending the Admissions dean something every two weeks smacks of anxiety and would just annoy them.

There are a few schools that are needy and like seeing people grovel, and so like LOI.

The only updates I think are worth sending are a semester full of great grades, or a paper accepted (NOT submitted!), or a talk at a national or higher level conference.
Hi Goro, is a patented license (pending) worth an update?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm stumped on that one! Is for a scientific discovery or invention?

Love the screen name, BTW.
It can fall into both categories I suppose, more like an invention in a scientific field for discovery (more specifically a utility patent)

If my abstract has been accepted for a poster presentation at a national or higher conference is it recommend to upload the abstract as well as an update letter? For schools that specifically offer a place for uploading abstracts, CVs, etc. that is.

Or is that meant more for published studies?

If my abstract has been accepted for a poster presentation at a national or higher conference is it recommend to upload the abstract as well as an update letter? For schools that specifically offer a place for uploading abstracts, CVs, etc. that is.

Or is that meant more for published studies?
Oh Gawd, no! Have mercy on us who have to read these things

Reactions: 1 user