• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

When To Send School Updates?

narutoverse13

7+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2014
  1. Medical Student
    I feel like one thing I've been told often is to send all your schools updates on your activities every two weeks, but I feel like there wouldn't be much to update them on :/. What do you guys think about the rules on sending updates and how often to send them? What would be substantial enough to warrant even sending an update? Thnx for the input :)

Goro

10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Silver Member
    Gold Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere west of St. Louis
    1. Non-Student
      First off, not all schools (like Wake) do NOT accept updates.

Sending the Admissions dean something every two weeks smacks of anxiety and would just annoy them.

There are a few schools that are needy and like seeing people grovel, and so like LOI.

The only updates I think are worth sending are a semester full of great grades, or a paper accepted (NOT submitted!), or a talk at a national or higher level conference.

ihadahamsandwich

2+ Year Member
      Feb 15, 2015
        First off, not all schools (like Wake) do NOT accept updates.

Sending the Admissions dean something every two weeks smacks of anxiety and would just annoy them.

There are a few schools that are needy and like seeing people grovel, and so like LOI.

The only updates I think are worth sending are a semester full of great grades, or a paper accepted (NOT submitted!), or a talk at a national or higher level conference.
        Hi Goro, is a patented license (pending) worth an update?

About the Ads

Welshman

He runs like a Welshman
        5+ Year Member
        May 12, 2016
        1. Medical Student

If my abstract has been accepted for a poster presentation at a national or higher conference is it recommend to upload the abstract as well as an update letter? For schools that specifically offer a place for uploading abstracts, CVs, etc. that is.

Or is that meant more for published studies?

Goro

10+ Year Member
          Verified Expert
          Silver Member
          Gold Member
          Jun 11, 2010
          Somewhere west of St. Louis
          1. Non-Student
            If my abstract has been accepted for a poster presentation at a national or higher conference is it recommend to upload the abstract as well as an update letter? For schools that specifically offer a place for uploading abstracts, CVs, etc. that is.

Or is that meant more for published studies?
            Oh Gawd, no! Have mercy on us who have to read these things

Reactions: 1 user
            About the Ads
            This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.