When to send transcripts, how to send them since COVID, etc. ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zedrexvsyrex

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so:
  1. When do/should I send my transcripts in?
    • I only have 1 more class to take next semester (introductory biochemistry), and I doubt it will affect my GPA at all; if I get an A in it, it might boost my GPA up by 0.01, MAYBE 0.02 but I don't think that matters too much if I'm being honest.
  2. How can I send my transcripts when the school is closed down due to COVID?
    • I took classes at a community college, and since the coronavirus hit, the campus has been shut down. Now unfortunately, this community college isn't partnered with any of the electronic transfer services either, so I have no way of sending ADEA the transcripts from this school. So, wtf do I do????
      • I would like to not that when I check my academic history at the 4-year university I went to, all the grades from the community college show up there, so would it be okay if I only sent a transcript from said 4-year since it already has my grades from the other institution?
      • I would also like to note that the community college was in fact partnered Credential Solutions on their escrip-safe network, but ADEA doesn't actually show up on the network when I check it through the community college's link; and for some reason when I check it through the AADSAS link, it's the the school doesn't show up this time. I think they (the community college) may have taken themselves off the mailing/transfer list or something since shutting down because I feel like I've seen them on their before, but I'm really not sure.
  3. I know you can technically apply to schools before you send in the transcripts, but do the universities really look at you? Or are you waitlisted until you send in your transcripts? Or something else I'm not sure about? Can someone explain how this works to me because honestly I'm confused :confused:
Sorry for the long post, and thanks guys.

EDIT:

Which one.png

When I send my transcripts, which one do I choose? AADSAS or ADEA PASS?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When do/should I send my transcripts in?
Send them in ASAP. You can send a new transcript with the grade for Biochem during the academic update periods (In August and in December)
How can I send my transcripts when the school is closed down due to COVID?
  • I took classes at a community college, and since the coronavirus hit, the campus has been shut down. Now unfortunately, this community college isn't partnered with any of the electronic transfer services either, so I have no way of sending ADEA the transcripts from this school. So, wtf do I do????
Idk about this one, there has to be someone you can contact at the registrar's office or something you can do. I would work with the school.
I would like to not that when I check my academic history at the 4-year university I went to, all the grades from the community college show up there, so would it be okay if I only sent a transcript from said 4-year since it already has my grades from the other institution?
That's fine, but AADSAS will still require the transcript from the CC no matter what, even if the units transferred over to your home university.
I know you can technically apply to schools before you send in the transcripts, but do the universities really look at you? Or are you waitlisted until you send in your transcripts? Or something else I'm not sure about? Can someone explain how this works to me because honestly I'm confused :confused:
You really can't -- schools won't even get your application until AADSAS has verified your transcripts and calculated your GPAs. And they won't even start verifying until they've received all of your transcripts. So, schools don't even know you applied if AADSAS never gets your transcripts.
When I send my transcripts, which one do I choose? AADSAS or ADEA PASS?
AADSAS. ADEA PASS is for when you are applying to dental residency programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Send them in ASAP. You can send a new transcript with the grade for Biochem during the academic update periods (In August and in December)

Idk about this one, there has to be someone you can contact at the registrar's office or something you can do. I would work with the school.

That's fine, but AADSAS will still require the transcript from the CC no matter what, even if the units transferred over to your home university.

You really can't -- schools won't even get your application until AADSAS has verified your transcripts and calculated your GPAs. And they won't even start verifying until they've received all of your transcripts. So, schools don't even know you applied if AADSAS never gets your transcripts.

AADSAS. ADEA PASS is for when you are applying to dental residency programs.
Thank you.

The problem is the school is shut down entirely, so there's no one even at the campus at all for me to talk to or call; all the phone numbers automatically take you to an answering machine that says that the school is shut down right now and everything is remote. I'm checking on their website possibly for someone to contact so hopefully something can get done.

They still do send electronic transcripts to schools on their network (they currently aren't dong physical mailings because of the virus) but for recipients who aren't on their network, they say to just type in the name of the recipient and they'll send it to them. Since it's electronic and not physical, I don't see how they can send one to AADSAS. I typed in "Associated American Dental Schools Transcript Processing Center" anyway since that's what AADSAS says to mail to if you're doing a physical copy:

Mail to.png

But I'm worried about how they can send it digitally if they aren't found on the network. I'll see what I can do anyway though. If you have any other suggestions for me, please let me know :writer: :writer: :writer:

They still do send electronic transcripts to schools on their network (they currently aren't dong physical mailings because of the virus) but for recipients who aren't on their network, they say to just type in the name of the recipient and they'll send it to them. Since it's electronic and not physical, I don't see how they can send one to AADSAS. I typed in "Associated American Dental Schools Transcript Processing Center" anyway since that's what AADSAS says to mail to if you're doing a physical copy:
I saw this on the instructions, it might help:
1592696113979.png

Source: US and English-Canadian Transcripts

Reactions: 1 user