When to start sending in transcripts for dental school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dragons64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to SDN so hopefully this is being posted in the correct area. I was wondering when do you start sending in transcripts for dental school? I know that pre-med students have already started sending in their transcripts through their portal (AAMC?) and that had me thinking that maybe there is something I don't know about for dental school applications. Is this the case?

Members don't see this ad.

What @sjv said. As frustrating is it may be, there's nothing much you can do until AADSAS opens up the first business day in June. Depending upon your undergrad school, you may have to wait a little longer until your spring semester grades are finalized before you send in your transcripts, but either way nothing you can do at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to send the transcripts to each school that your applying to or just aadsas? also, if you are on a quarter system, do you have to wait until the spring grades come out?

Do you have to send the transcripts to each school that your applying to or just aadsas? also, if you are on a quarter system, do you have to wait until the spring grades come out?

Just once to AADSAS and once again to AADSAS if you do academic update beginning mid-November.

You don't have to wait but I would wait if you want those grades included in your application, you won't be able to update your grades until the academic update period begins.

Just once to AADSAS and once again to AADSAS if you do academic update beginning mid-November.

You don't have to wait but I would wait if you want those grades included in your application, you won't be able to update your grades until the academic update period begins.
so, schools dont require the spring grades?

The school you plan on matriculating to will likely require a final transcript to show satisfactory progress/degree completion.
so the academic update is optional or required?

so the academic update is optional or required?

Optional depending on how your cycle turns out. If you get a bunch of interviews and are accepted on Dec 1st then it is probably not necessary. If you're still waiting for an interview, it may help you to submit if you have good summer/fall grades.

Sorry I'm a little confused here. Do we contact our undergrad school to physically send us the transcripts, then send mail it back out to the AADSAS? Or is there a way to do this electronically?

Sorry I'm a little confused here. Do we contact our undergrad school to physically send us the transcripts, then send mail it back out to the AADSAS? Or is there a way to do this electronically?

You obtain a transcript matching form from AADSAS which you give to your school (in person or email) to be included in the envelope that your school sends to AADSAS along with your transcript.

Reactions: 1 user
@sjv Thanks!! Good to know. Sometimes I feel like the application processes can/will be overwhelming at times, so its good to know all the tidbits ahead of time!

Reactions: 1 user