1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When to start taking full lengths?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by evoviiigsr, Apr 7, 2007.

1. evoviiigsr

7+ Year Member

I have a lot of topics left to study before June 15th, but I was wondering when I should start taking full lengths for practice? Would it advisable to go ahead and take some even if I haven't covered all the material? I don't want to end up taking 7 CBTs 1 month before the test.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AnEyeLikeMars

AnEyeLikeMars Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would take one ASAP to get a baseline and to see how you do on verbal (which requires no content review). This will give you a good estimate of where you are content-wise and how solid your test-taking and critical reasoning skills are.

Once you know this, if your test-taking and reasoning skills are good, I would deemphasize practice tests and focus on content review. If you know the material but struggle on the test, then more practice would help. My point is that you need to tailor your studying to your specific needs. I've seen a lot of people (in real life and on this site) take a ridiculous amount of practice tests, which to me is a waste of time. Those 5-7 hours would probably be better spent reviewing content.