When to submit AMCAS primary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

working_hard1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not applying this cycle, but I've heard a few people at my school say that you should only submit your primary early (like within two weeks of it opening) if you're a stellar (number-wise) applicant (people with a near perfect GPA and MCAT). And that if you have lower numbers, you should wait several weeks to submit the primary. Is there any validity to this? Should lower-stats applicants wait 3-4 weeks to submit their primary?

Members don't see this ad.

No. There’s no point in waiting if your app is ready to go.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not applying this cycle, but I've heard a few people at my school say that you should only submit your primary early (like within two weeks of it opening) if you're a stellar (number-wise) applicant (people with a near perfect GPA and MCAT). And that if you have lower numbers, you should wait several weeks to submit the primary.

They're trying to kneecap the competition.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I'm not applying this cycle, but I've heard a few people at my school say that you should only submit your primary early (like within two weeks of it opening) if you're a stellar (number-wise) applicant (people with a near perfect GPA and MCAT). And that if you have lower numbers, you should wait several weeks to submit the primary. Is there any validity to this? Should lower-stats applicants wait 3-4 weeks to submit their primary?
That is the worst advice ever. If anything people with stellar stats could sacrifice a couple of weeks. People who have low stats are shooting themselves in the foot if they apply late.

Reactions: 1 users