I have completed my AMCAS in its entirety, but have not yet submitted because of my MCAT score. I have a good GPA (3.8+ overall and 3.7+ BCPM), have good clinical experience, etc. However, I scored poorly on the April MCAT, and am retaking in August. The majority of the schools I have talked to have said that I should go ahead and submit my application, mark that I am retaking the test in August, and then do well on it in August. That way, when the scores are uploaded in October, all they have to do is see if my score improved to what it needs to be, and go from there. I don't meet the minimum MCAT cutoff for receiving secondaries at several of the schools, and am worried that if I submit they will toss it out b/c of the April score, even though they say they will put it aside and wait until new scores come in. Should I submit now, or do they just want my money? Also, does anyone have any success stories of retaking the August test, doing well, and getting accepted, even though it puts you a little behind in the process?