When to submit application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bimatoprost

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, this is my first thread here. I just graduated from my undergraduate institution on Saturday, and this cycle will be my first time applying to medical school. I have a question regarding the AMCAS application.

My AMCAS application is complete, but none of my letters of recommendation have arrived to AMCAS yet. If this is still the case on June 1st, should I send in my applications without my letters and send the letters later as they are marked as received on AMCAS? Or, is it better to send the application together with the letters on a later date? Would I not receive secondaries until they read the letters?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Submit app now so it can go through verification. Your transcripts will be verified but your app will not complete at the med schools until they receive your letters. By the way, feel free to utilize the search function on this site.

Submit app now so it can go through verification. Your transcripts will be verified but your app will not complete at the med schools until they receive your letters. By the way, feel free to utilize the search function on this site.

This. Submit now so you can have your application verified ASAP. You don't actually need your LORs in until you submit your secondaries to schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont everyone need to wait till June to submit ?